Sunday, December 9, 2007

Before picture

I now have my own piano! A sister in my ward that I work with in Achievement Days had received a phone call telling her that there was a free piano. She told the man on the phone that she already had a piano and that she wasn’t interested in it. When she hung up the phone she immediately thought of me. I had mentioned to her that I really wanted a piano. She gave me a call and told me that there was a piano for free but she didn’t know anything more than that. Well, I didn’t know the individual who was giving up the piano and so she offered to take me over to look at the piano. It was in bad shape on the outside, but it played beautifully. I decided to take it since it was free and I figured that Reuben could work his magic on the finish. Well, to tell you how loving and generous our ward is, she ended up taking three and a half to four hours out of her day to help me get the piano over to the house. I am so grateful to her for that. Reuben did work his magic and it is a very gorgeous piano, in fact, it doesn‘t even look like the same piano. It is a mahogany wood and has very neat structure to it. That piano is my pride and joy and the main thing that I’m going to be looking for in the next place that we live is a place to put my piano. Hopefully soon I can start on teaching some piano lessons.

No comments: